The SR Vision and Mission
Our people and service-centric organisation has grown because we have attracted the right people to join our business.
Our vision is to build a global network of highly skilled and ethical employment service professionals writing resumes of excellence and operating under the flag of one trusted brand.
Our mission is to help people around the world, from all walks of life and at all levels to navigate the challenges faced in the job hunt process and to achieve their potential on their chosen career path using our products and services.
History of Successful Resumes
Successful Resumes was established by John Little in 1992. Having recently sold his flourishing advertising agency, after ten years of growing it from the ground up, John sought a new challenge where he could utilise his extensive business knowledge, experience employing and managing people, and creative marketing expertise.
After considerable research and analysis of employer’s requirements and applicant’s needs, John came to the following conclusions:
- Resumes were too often treated as a simple typing exercise, contained boring list of historical task-related data, and completely lacked dynamic and marketing focus. Consequently, they were ineffective at selling applicant’s skills and expertise.
- To be successful resumes needed to professionally analyse, articulate and individually market each person’s personal qualities as well as their strengths, skills and achievements.
- There was a significant need for a strong professional resume service to meet the needs of all Australians, wherever they may be located, to give them much needed support in the job search process. Resumes, were only too often treated as a simple typing exercise, contained boring lists of historical task related data, and were totally lacking in dynamic and marketing focus, and consequently were basically ineffective at selling the applicant.
In 2007, after extensive research, John decided the time had come for international expansion. He and Suzanne, his wife and business partner, travelled to the UK where they spent seven months establishing the London-based business.
Now, 30 years after beginning, Successful Resumes is an international group with an expanding network of resume writers and career consultants, not only across Australia but also in the USA, Singapore, UK and New Zealand.
John’s other business commitments include membership of the foundation board of management of the Australian Employers’ Network on Disability, now the Australian Network on Disability. John maintains close ties with the organisation.
In 2009 John, together with a colleague and close friend Rob Crawford, founded the Global Network for Entrepreneurs with Disabilities with the aim to assist people with disability around the world who may seek to start or build a business for themselves.
Additionally he is currently building an online resource to assist people with disability to travel more widely by providing them with solutions to many of the problems that are faced by them when travelling. From time to time, he has been requested to sit on interview selection panels for state government positions and speak at meetings and conferences.
Successful Resumes Privacy Statement
Successful Resumes is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 which requires that we comply with the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) set out in the Act.
Successful Resumes is committed to protecting privacy in accordance with the Guidelines for World Wide Websites issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. We do not reveal or sell your details to any person or entity. All details provided are strictly confidential and are used for internal purposes only.
When you visit this site, our server logs the following information:
- The type of browser and operating system you are using
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk)
- The address of the referring site (for example, the previous site that you visited)
- Your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider's machines)
- The date and time of your visit, and
- The address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
This information is used only for statistical analysis and systems administration purposes. No attempt is made to identify users or their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation by a law enforcement agency.
Electronic mail addresses
We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it. In particular, we will not disclose your email address without your consent.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites.